Pompom Garland (or wreath!):
Pom-poms are a great way to bring some festive fun into your home at Christmas- and you can tailor the colours to how you like to suit your home! Instead of making them into a garland you could stick googly-eyes on and turn them into snowmen or other christmassy creatures- the pompom is your oyster!
What you will need for the garland:
- Follow this tutorial for how to make a pom-pom- it’s super easy! (Click Here)
- Cut three strands of yarn the desired length of your garland.
- Either plait them together or tie knots every few lengths to strengthen the base of your garland.
- Using yarn, tie your pom-poms to the garland- either space them out or bunch them together depending on your desired finish.
- Ta da- your pom pom garland!
Alternatively- if you wanted to turn this into a wreath, purchase a wreath base and glue the pom poms using a glue gun. You may need to first wrap the base in yarn to make it easier to glue pom-poms too.
(Image source: Pinterest)
Christmas Cupcake Garland:
This is a great activity for all ages and can be used to decorate your house or tree for christmas! It makes a garland which you can make as long or short as desired. Add some pegs at the top and you could use it as a Christmas Card hanger too!
What you will need:
- Twine or thick string (of desired colour).
- Cupcake cases (of at least two colours).
- Glue (glue-gun is preferable but most others should work).
- Mini star stickers.
- Fold all your cupcakes into quarters to make a wedge.
- Make sure they are all flat- you’ll need to glue them shut to keep them pinned down.
- To assemble a tree, take three cases and stagger them to create a tree-shape. The point needs to be pointing north so it’s like the tip of the tree.
- Glue the cupcake cases together and let dry.
- Stick a star on the top of each tree.
- Repeat with all cases.
- Now take your twine and cut to desired length, stretch on table and weight at each end.
- Space your trees out along the twine and glue down.
(Image Source: Pinterest)
Cardboard Gingerbread Garland:
This is a wonderful way to use all those cardboard boxes from your christmas shopping and create an eye catching christmas decoration. Its a great activity for all ages too.
What you will need:
- White pen
- Wooden pegs or glue
- Draw out your house designs using a pencil onto your sheet of cardboard.
- Cut out all the houses using scissors (or stanly knife).
- Using your white pen, draw on all the details of your gingerbread houses on one side, eg. windows, doors, tiles.
- Peg each one along your string or twine. Alternatively you could string them along some fairy lights.
(Image Source: Pinterest).