This is a great craft if you’re wanting to personalise your Christmas Crackers or wanting to do some Christmas prep that gets the kids involved. Its also a great way of using up those old bits of wrapping paper in your draw and the middle of your kitchen/loo rolls!
What you will need:
- Wrapping Paper
- Cardboard tubes (Toilet roll insides or Kitchen roll tubes cut in half)
- Pieces of paper (to write jokes or facts on!)
- Cracker snaps (You can purchase them here on Amazon.Smile)
- Paper Hats
- Novelty Items or alternative- eg. sweets or gift!
- Glue gun or stick
- Curling ribbon
- Cut your wrapping paper so that they are in rectangles and are wide enough to wrap around the entire tube, and long enough so that there is at least 2 inches extra on either end of the tube.
- Lay your wrapping paper flat and place the tube in the middle and the cracker snap length ways along the tube.
- Glue down the cracker snap and tube by placing a small blob of glue in the middle.
- Fold the wrapping paper so that the tube is enclosed in the paper and glue shut.
- At one end of the roll, pinch the paper shut and tie your ribbon around it to close.
- Then insert your jokes, hats and novelty items into the cracker.
- Pinch the other end shut and tie with your ribbon.
- Ta da! A home made cracker.
Here is a great video to guide you through the same process! Have a cracking christmas!…….