These are great ways of using up cardboard boxes whilst creating some really lovely minimal decorations to hang on your tree. This could be done from age 8+, it just requires some scissor work but is equally great as an adult craft!
Alternatively, to create this into a garland, you can space the stars and beads out along a piece of string or twine alternating with different/random sizes to create a star garland!
What you will need:
- Plain Cardboard (white or brown)
- Small wooden beads
- Template (if using) and pencil
- If using, print your templates out and cut.
- Cut your cardboard out into the different sized stars.
- In the middle of each star, pierce a hole using the scissors.
- Take your string and tie a knot at one end and place a bead on.
- Then slide the largest star to the bottom.
- Then slide a bead on next and then the next largest star.
- Repeat, using a slightly smaller star each time.
- Finish with a bead and secure with a knot.
- Loop your string and ta-da- you have a christmas tree decoration!
- Repeat to create multiple trees.