We’re back in Delia Smith’s Christmas Recipe book and this time its her cranberry and orange relish- aka. fancy and delicious cranberry sauce! This is tried and tested by our team and a favourite in households. Its easy to make and will be a perfect addition to your Christmas Dinner.
- 450g Fresh Cranberries
- The rind and Juice of one Orange
- A 4cm piece of cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 heaped of fresh grated ginger
- 75g caster sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of port
- Chop the cranberries in a food processor in a mincer and place them in a saucepan
- Grate the rind of the orange and the zest into the saucepan
- Add the ginger, sugar and spices and bring to the boil.
- Let it simmer for around 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the port and let it cool.
- Remember to remove the cloves and cinnamon before serving!